April 14, 2016
BOCA RATON, Fla. - Florida Atlantic University's football team completed its final practice prior to the 2016 RedBlue Spring Game, slated for 1 p.m. Saturday, April 16. Kids Zone area opens at 11 a.m. and FAU Stadium gates will open at noon.
The Owls will be divided into two teams with several players expected to see time on both teams. Regular rules and timing will apply in the first half. The second half will be two 15 minute quarters with a running clock. Regular scoring will apply.
Offensive Coordinator Travis Trickett on the Spring Game
"Practice number 15. There are going to be fans in the stands and I'm excited for the kids to get to play in front friends and family. You will see a drummed down version [of FAU's new offense]. There is not going to be much on tape as far as that. What we are really going to do is run a handful of plays. Let them go out there and execute. See who can perform when there are maybe some eyes on them. That will be the biggest eval for us as far as you are out there on your own, the leash is off, go out there and play and see what they can do. What you see on Saturday versus Southern Illinois [the season opener] will not look the same [as what the team looks like in the RedBlue Spring Game]. Our guys will grow exponentially [between now and September]. They were much better today. Today was our best day on offense which is exciting that we are getting better."
- Final team session focused on third downs
- Redshirt freshman Daniel Parr found Kalib Woods on several plays
- Greg "Buddy" Howell broke free for a long run and score
- Richie Kittles grabbed the first interception of the session after he gathered in a pass that was tipped by both a defender and a receiver
- Redshirt freshman Kerrith Whyte had several positive runs, including one for a score
- Redshirt sophomore Reggie Brown recorded an interception
- Junior Henry Bussey had a reception for a big gain
- Redshirt sophomore Hunter Snyder and senior Trey Hendrickson combined for a practice ending sack.
The 2016 REDBLUE Spring Game will be Saturday, April 16th at the FAU Stadium. The Kids Zone will open outside the stadium at 11 a.m. Stadium gates will open at noon and the kick is scheduled for 1 p.m. All events are free and open to the public. For 2016 season tickets call 1-866-FAU-Owls and to follow the team log onto www.fausports.com or on twitter @FAUOwlAthletics or @FAU_Football.