April 28, 2018
UNF Final Results
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - The Florida Atlantic University track and field contingent put a bow on the 2018 outdoor regular season overnight on Friday with a number of personal bests and quite a bit of movement on the all-time ledger in the North Florida Invite. Three Owls placed in the top three in their respective individual events as well.
- In the 1,500 meters, Erica Lersch was runner-up in a new PR of 4:42.04, the eighth-fastest time in FAU history
- Doing the same was Sherline Valentin in the 400 meter dash, crossing in second in 56.09
- In that same race, Roshelle Francois placed 10th, with her time of 57 seconds flat a new personal record and No. 13 on the all-time list
- Anne-Catherine Wasser was the third Owl on the proverbial medal stand, garnering a third-place finish in the 400 meter hurdles (1:00.58)
- Two Owls posted top 10 showings in the 5,000 meters: Christina Schultz in sixth (18:00.06) and Sophia Clark ninth (18:20.32, a new best). Kelsey Meltzer also lowered her personal time in that race to 19:33.60
- The 800 meters saw three new PR's: Megan Giovanniello (12th overall in 2:14.98), Carydaliz Fontanez (16th in 2:15.89) and Brooke Butterfield (2:23.13). Giovanniello is No. 9 on FAU's ledger now, while Fontanez is No. 11
- Milliseconds out of the top 10 in the 100 meters was Crystal McDougle, 11th at 11.97. She would go on to finish No. 10 in the 100 meter hurdles (14.25)
"We concluded our regular season with a bunch of new personal best performances, and a few new all-time records," said Head Coach Alex Smolka. "The team looks primed and ready to have good performances in two weeks' time at the C-USA Championship. Based on what we can see, it looks like we put ourselves into a good position to give ourselves the best opportunity to have good results when it counts most."
The 2018 Conference USA Outdoor Championship emanates from Houston in 12 days. The four-day meet runs from Thursday, May 10 to Sunday, May 13, hosted by Rice University at Wendel D. Ley Track and Holloway Field. Stay tuned for more information on the event soon here on FAUSports.com.