Box Score 1
| Box Score 2 March 12, 2018
BOCA RATON, Fla. - The Florida Atlantic University softball team opened Conference USA play by sweeping its doubleheader with UTEP on Monday night. The Owls won game one 2-1 in eight innings and game two 6-0. The Owls are now 14-13 overall.
UTEP (10-15, 0-2 C-USA) second baseman Courtney Clayton hit a solo homerun in the top of the first inning that stood as the game's only run until the bottom of the sixth inning when Alex Miller drove in Emily Lochten with a base hit to left that tied the game. Sami Williams attempted to score on the play but was thrown out at the plate. The Owls got the winning run to third with just one out in the seventh, but left her stranded. Miller came up again with runners on second and third in the eighth inning and roped another single to left that scored Tatum Buckley and gave the Owls their second walkoff win in less than 24 hours.
- Alex Miller had two hits and drove in both FAU runs.
- Emily Lochten doubled and scored.
- Tatum Buckley doubled, drew a walk, scored the game-winning run and threw a complete game four-hitter in the circle to get the win.
The game was scoreless until the bottom of the third when UTEP pitchers issued six free passes which, along with hits by Madisyn Palmer and Alex Miller, allowed the Owls to take a 5-0 lead. The next inning, Palmer walked, stole second, advanced to third on a Samantha Lageyre sacrifice bunt and scored on a Miner wild pitch to increase the lead to 6-0.
- Madisyn Palmer singled, walked, stole a base and scored twice.
- Samantha Lageyre singled, walked, drove in a run and scored a run.
- Tatum Buckley drew two walks, had an RBI and scored.
- Mia Olson singled, walked, drove in a run and threw five innings to pick up her fifth win of the year.
- Alex Miller's single in the third inning notched her third RBI of the day.
- Sloan Hammons pitched two scoreless innings in relief.
The Owls will try for the series sweep at noon on Tuesday. Live stats and live video will be available at fausports.com. In-game updates will also be available through the team's Twitter account, @fauowlssoftball. For tickets, call the FAU Ticket Office at 1-866-FAU-OWLS.