FULL SWIMMING RESULTS
FULL DIVING RESULTS
CORAL GABLES, Fla. –
The Florida Atlantic University swimming and diving team had little rest, as they topped off their involved weekend with another meet in Coral Gables, Florida. On the women's side, the Owls fell to the Boston College Eagles 292-103 and the Miami Hurricanes 294-90, but there were several top individual finishes for the squad, including two in first, a pair in second and five in third.
The men's team swam against the Boston College Eagles for the second time this weekend with their scores not counting this time around. For the men, the Owls captured four swimmers in first, two in second and four in third.
- The 200-yard medley relay team of Abby Marshall, Fatimah Westbrook, Danica Garbett and Kelsey Witkay took third in the race with a time of 1:47.04.
- Spence Atkins earned a handful of top finishes Saturday: first in the 500-yard freestyle (5:02.84) and third in the 200-yard freestyle (1:54.77) and 100-yard butterfly (57.90).
- FAU has seen several top finishes from Fatimah Westbrook, the Lynn University transfer, during her first season with the Owls. She was no different in Coral Gables, as she placed first in the 100-yard breaststroke (1:05.27) for the second time this weekend and third in the 50-yard freestyle (24.28).
- Abby Marshall touched the wall second in the 100-yard backstroke, claiming a time of 58.08.
- In the 500-yard freestyle where Atkins delivered first, Natalie Clausen was right behind her in second (5:05.94) and Caitlin Dunne followed in fourth with a time of 5:12.37. Distance events continue to be a strength for the Owls.
- On the board, Keegan Fluharty's score of 236.2 landed her a third-place finish in the 3-meter dive. Kaleigh Dundov followed her in fourth (231.05).
- Reilly Maguire, Phillip Crouch, Michael Rahrig and Connor Smoak finished with a time of 1:36.54 in the 200-yard medley relay, which was clear for third.
- Josh Fountain captured the first win of his collegiate career with a 1:43.69 finish in the 200-yard freestyle.
- Calvin Lillo and Alex Taber finished one and two in the men's 200-yard IM, behind Lillo's 1:57.48 and Taber's 1:57.78.
- Michael Rahrig competed a 52.10 finish in the 100-yard fly to land him a second-place finish.
- Colin Kozak racked up a first-place finish in the 100-yard freestyle, earning a time of 47.78.
- Braedan Leach added another top-three finish with his third-place showing in the 100-yard back (52.74).
- In the 500-yard freestyle, Will Smith touched the wall first (4:44.52) with Josh McQueen following him in third (4:47.71).
- Turning back to diving, Logan Downey dove his way to a second-place title in the 1-meter event 295.75), as Wiley Schmidt followed behind him in third (237). Downey and Schmidt placed second and third again in the 3-meter with Downey's 278.30 and Schmidt's 270.35.
Miami 294, FAU 90
Miami 256, BC 170
BC 292, FAU 103
The Owls will be back at FAU Aquatic Center on Saturday, Nov. 10 at 11 a.m. for the Family and Alumni Meet. Admission is free for all fans.