Sept. 21, 2017
BOCA RATON, Fla. - On Aug. 20, Florida Atlantic University athletics welcomed student-athletes back to campus to begin the 2017-18 academic and athletic year. On that Sunday evening, the Owls were greeted by an athletic staff ripe with change and strong on leadership.
"We are fortunate to have such great teammates within our athletics department," said Pat Chun, FAU vice president and director of athletics. "These promotions are a reflection of our team's commitment and dedication to our student-athletes and Florida Atlantic University."
- Brian Battle was elevated to Senior Associate Director of Athletics for Internal Operations
- Danielle Daniel was elevated to Associate Director of Athletics for Internal Operations and Senior Women's Administrator
- Samantha Sweeney was elevated to Associate Director of Athletics for Compliance
- Craig Wilder was named Director of Sports Medicine
- Rudy Rodriguez, an athletic trainer, was named Director of Rehabilitation
- Chandra Roberson was elevated to Director of the Annual Fund
- Gabby Reppell assumed full-time responsibilities as the Coordinator of Facilities and Event Management
- Ryan Zluticky was elevated to Director of Equipment Operations
- Sean Tuttle was elevated to Assistant Director for Compliance
Since their appointments and the start of the school year, this department has worked together in support of the student-athletes, coaches, staff and the University during Hurricane Irma and its aftermath. The staff was also instrumental in showcasing FAU football before a national television audience and the second largest home crowd in school history for the FAU season-opening football game versus Navy.
For more information, please visit FAUsports.com and for tickets, call 1-866-FAU-Owls.