Sept. 1, 2017
BOCA RATON, Fla. â€" A header to the upper 90 in the 104th minute lifted College of Charleston to a 1-0 double-overtime victory over the Florida Atlantic University men's soccer team Friday at the FAU Soccer Stadium in FAU's home opener.
- • FAU took eight shots to CofC's 13 on the day
- • Goalkeeper Daniel Ragoo made three saves, bringing his season total to 10
- • Daniel Del Rio took three shots to lead the offensive attack for the Owls while Ferdinand Solberg, Alvaro Rodriguez and Harrison Fuster each placed shots on goal.
- • Ragoo, Christian Williams and Aaron Laranetto each played every minute of the contest
- • The FAU defense did not allow a shot in the final five minutes of regulation all the way to the game winner before CofC's Tucker Heffron headed in a cross from Temi Adesodun to the upper right corner for the victory
FAU remains home to host NJIT on Sunday, Sept. 3 at 2:30 p.m. The contest will be streamed live on FAUSports.TV. For tickets, call 1-866-FAU-OWLS or visit FAUSports.com