Jan. 28, 2017
BOSTON - The Florida Atlantic University track and field team completed their competition at the John Thomas Terrier Classic, held at Boston University's Track and Tennis Center on Friday.
- Deja Jones had a tremendous showing at her first meet of the indoor season, placing third among the 66 runners participating in the 60-meter dash, crossing at 7.63. She was also 12th in the 200 meters (24.93)
- Also in the 60 meters, Regina Wilkerson was ninth, running a 7.88
- Crystal McDougle was sixth (8.80) and Cassidy Smith 13th (9.04) in the 60 meter hurdles. Smith's mark slots her as the eighth-fastest individual all-time
- The Owls' 4x400 meter relay, out of 31 teams, placed sixth. Sherline Valentin, Jones, Berneta Boldin and Anne-Catherine Wasser ran to a combined finish of 3:51.70. This mark is the seventh fastest in program history
- Wasser was also 14th in the 400 meters (56.90), her new PR and the new eighth-fastest mark all-time, and she set a new best in the 200 meters as well
- Frida Thorsås recorded measures of 1.60 meters in the high jump (tying her for 13th, a personal best and the third best mark all-time) and 11.94 meters in the shot put
- Mikaela Jonsson shaved over a second off of the PR she set in the 800 meters two weeks ago, running a 2:15.62. Friday's time is the seventh fastest in program history. Also, in the same race, three more Owls set new bests: Carydaliz Fontanez, Erica Lersch and Valentin
- All three runners in the 1-mile set PR's as well: Johanna Freeman, Emily Ludwig and Jasmine Van Tine
- Last but not least, Christina Schultz wrapped the 5K in 18:06.19, a new best for her and the seventh-fastest run in history
- All told, there were 14 personal bests and six new entries in the FAU all-time top 10
The Owls will have two days in Pennsylvania, more specifically University Park, next Friday and Saturday for the Sykes & Sabock Challenge Cup. It's the last meet prior to the C-USA Indoor Championships.