May 3, 2016
Who: No. 17 Florida Atlantic (30-12) at No. 3 Miami (33-8)
5/5- 6:30 p.m.
FAU: RHP Daivd McKay (2-3, 3.20 ERA, 45.0 IP, 32 H, 48 K, 14 BB)
UM: RHP Jesse Lepore (5-0, 2.31 ERA, 46.2 IP, 36 H, 35 K, 21 BB)
Where: Coral Gables, Fla.
Coverage: Video- ESPN3, Audio: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXUdFIWJZg8, @FAU_Baseball on Twitter.
- The Owls are ranked as high as 17th in the USA Today Coaches Poll & 20th in the NCBWA poll.
- FAU won the first matchup at Miami 4-3 on April 20 behind the efforts of David McKay.
- CJ Chatham was the C-USA Hitter of the Week after going .588 against No. 14 Southern Miss. The junior with 6 RBI, 5 runs, two doubles, a triple and a home run, slugging 1.000%. Chatham also drew two walks and was hit by a pitch for an on-base of .650.
- Under head coach John McCormack (8 seasons), FAU is 220-6 when leading after seven innings and have won 39 in a row when meeting that mark.
- FAU has at least eight hits in 35 of its 42 games played, averaging 10.3 hits and 6.6 runs per game. The Owls have drawn 14 RBI walks on the year.
- The Owls rank ninth in the nation in ERA, tenth in WHIP, walks allowed and shutouts and 14th in double plays.
- FAU improved to 30-12 this week with two more wins over a ranked team, upping FAU's record to 5-2 against ranked opponents this season with three wins over Top-5 programs.
- FAU sits in third place in Conference USA, the third-ranked conference in the nation in RPI.
- For the season, FAU has out-scored opponents 278-152 with 83 doubles, 11 triples and 24 home runs. FAU has drawn 198 walks for a .389 on-base percentage and has turned 43 double plays.
- The pitching staff owns an ERA of 2.81, holding opponents to a .236 average while the defense has a fielding percentage of .977 with 43 double plays turned.