Box Score May 1, 2016
BOCA RATON, Fla. - The Florida Atlantic University softball team completed a series sweep of WKU with a 6-0 victory on Sunday. It is the fifth conference opponent that the Owls have swept this season. FAU improves its overall record to 44-7 overall and 19-2 in C-USA play.
• Kylee Hanson threw a complete game, one-hit shutout for her 24th win of the season. Hanson is in sole possession of fifth place in FAU history with 50 career wins. It was also her 13th shutout of the year, putting her in third place in school history for most in a season.
• Carnesha Thompson went 3-for-4 with two RBIs and two runs scored in her final home game.
• Alex Miller tallied a pair of hits and had an RBI.
• Kiley Southall had two hits in her final home game.
• Melissa Martinez hit her 20th double of the season, giving her the FAU single season record.
Alex Miller singled in Tatum Buckley in the bottom of the second to put FAU up 1-0. Melissa Martinez's record setting double came in the third inning and drove in Emily Lochten and Carnesha Thompson to push the lead to 3-0. Thompson scored on a Lady Topper throwing error in the fifth and drove in two more runs with a double in the sixth to account for the final score.
The Owls wrap up the regular season with a three-game series at UTSA next weekend. The first game starts at 2 p.m. eastern on Saturday, May 7. Live stats will be available at fausports.com. In-game updates will be available at twitter.com/fauowlssoftball.
- FAU -