Feb. 12, 2016
BOCA RATON, Fla. â€" Florida Atlantic men's tennis traveled to Deland, FL to take on the Hatters of Stetson University, and came away with a 5-2 win. The Owls, currently on a four match win streak, have won at Stetson for the second consecutive year. The Owls started strong winning the doubles point early, and using that momentum to win four of the six singles positions.
FAU's Joao Gauer and Gerald Nickerson defeated Loic Blanco and Laurynas Antropikas 7-5 in the No. 1 doubles. FAU's Alexander Gitin and Anthony Schohn defeated Coilin MacNamara and Simon Julin 6-2 in the No. 2 doubles spot.
In singles FAU won positions three through six. FAU sophomore Ignacio Jimenez defeated Gonzalo Arroyo 6-2, 6-0 to remain undefeated. Jimenez is 6-0 this season, and has yet to lose in a dual match at FAU, going 4-0 last season. Zandrix Acob defeated Lauynas Antropikas 6-1, 6-4 to improve to 5-2 on the season. FAU freshman Anthony Schohn defeated Simon Juliin 7-6, 7-5 at the No. 5 position.
FAU faces off against Georgia Southern tomorrow, Feb, 13 at 10:30 a.m. in Deland before heading home on Sunday Feb 14, at 12 p.m. to play West Point.
Florida Atlantic University vs Stetson (2/12/2016)
Florida Atlantic University 5, Stetson 2
2/12/2016 at DeLand Fla.
- Loic Blanco (STET) def. Remi Chancerel (FAU) 3-6, 6-1, 6-4
- Pierre Fossier (STET) def. Alexander Gitin (FAU) 7-6, 6-2
- Joao Gauer (FAU) def. Graham Ball (STET) 6-3, 6-3
- Zandrix Acob (FAU) def. Laurynas Antropikas (STET) 6-1, 6-4
- Anthony Schohn (FAU) def. Simon Julin (STET) 7-6, 7-5
- Ignacio Jimenez (FAU) def. Gonzalo Arroyo (STET) 6-2, 6-0
- Joao Gaver/Gerald Nickerson (FAU) def. Loic Blanco/Laurynas Antropikas (STET) 7-5
- Alexander Gitin/Anthony Schohn (FAU) def. Coilin MacNamara/Simon Julin (STET) 6-2
- Graham Ball/Gonzalo Arroyo (STET) vs. Remi Chancerel/David Engel (FAU) unfinished
Florida Atlantic University 5-3