Oct. 2, 2016
BOCA RATON, Fla. - Senior David Adejunmobi scored his first goal of the 2016 campaign in the 105th minute to lead the Florida Atlantic University men's soccer team to a 1-0, double-overtime victory against Conference USA foe UAB on Saturday.
• FAU out-shot UAB 12-11 and placed five on goal to UAB's four.
• The win is FAU's first C-USA win of the year and UAB's first Conference loss.
• With 14 minutes left to play, the contest went into a weather delay.
• FAU's Dylan Huber and Thomas Gallitz each fired shots in the final five minutes, but couldn't connect as the game went to overtime.
• A foul and yellow card on UAB's Andrea Pelizza set up a free kick for FAU at the 104:39 mark.
• Junior Alvaro Campuzano sent the free kick high into traffic where Adejunmobi leapt over defenders to head it into the upper left corner for FAU's third victory of the season.
FAU will travel to take on Jacksonville on Tuesday, Oct. 4 at 5 p.m. The contest will be broadcast on ESPN3.