March 3, 2014
BOCA RATON, Fla. (March 3, 2014) - Florida Atlantic men's tennis won the first of three consecutive home matches on Monday, defeating Toledo 4-3. The win moves the Owls to 6-6, and back to a .500 winning percentage on the season. FAU has played well at home with a 4-2 record at Patch Reef Park this season.
FAU juniors Sean Bacha and Will Neuner teamed together for the first time this season to defeat Ryan Jorgensen and Nicky Wong 8-5. FAU Sophomore Andrei Morin-Kougoucheff and FAU Freshman Gerald Nickerson defeated Boris Pak andMark Singnil 8-7 (7-5) to win the doubles point for FAU.
In singles, FAU junior Richard Meade defeated Nicky Wong 7-5, 6-4. FAU Junior Sean Bacha defeated Garrett Cona 6-0, 7-5 and FAU freshman Gerald Nickerson defeated Boris Pak 6-3, 6-2. The Owls had a chance in all six singles positions winning the first set in all six singles matchups. FAU Junior Will Neuner took his match to three sets before being defeated by Stjepan Sisko 4-6, 6-2, 6-4. FAU freshman Stefean Burnett also fought to a tough third set before being defeated 2-6, 6-4, 6-3.
FAU is back in action tomorrow Tuesday March 4, at 12 p.m. against Wright State at Patch Reef Park in Boca Raton, FL.
Florida Atlantic 4, Toledo University 3
3/03/2014 at Boca Raton, FL
1. Mark Singnil (TOLEDO) def. Andrei M-Kougoucheff (FAU) 3-6, 6-2, retired
2. Stjepan Sisko (TOLEDO) def. Will Neuner (FAU) 4-6, 6-2, 6-4
3. Richard Meade (FAU) def. Nicky Wong (TOLEDO) 7-5, 6-4
4. Sean Bacha (FAU) def. Garrett Cona (TOLEDO) 6-0, 7-5
5. Gerald Nickerson (FAU) def. Boris Pak (TOLEDO) 6-3, 6-2
6. Ben Brocker (TOLEDO) def. Stefan Burnett (FAU) 2-6, 6-4, 6-3
1. Garrett Cona/Stjepan Sisko (TOLEDO) def. Richard Meade/Stefan Burnett (FAU) 8-3
2. Sean Bacha/Will Neuner (FAU) def. Ryan Jorgensen/Nicky Wong (TOLEDO) 8-5
3. Andrei M-Kougoucheff/Gerald Nickerson (FAU) def. Boris Pak/Mark Singnil (TOLEDO) 8-7 (7-5)